Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Man and Bots

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

These Games We Play...

Go down 
+2
Safety_Bunny
Session
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Session

Session

These Games We Play... Empty
PostSubject: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Yes, that's right!

Ladies, Gentlemen, Gamers both hardcore and casual; this is "These Games We Play"!

The Rules to this thread? Post about a game you are currently enjoying, and let us know what you think about it. Give us a small review, or give us your life's story based around this game! It doesn't matter, just as long as you like the game you're playing, and can tell us (hopefully without spoiling too much) why we need to get this game too.

I guess I'll start it out:

Driver: Parallel Lines.

An excellent game that plays like GTA4 should have, and does it with Style. Parallel lines takes your average punk-ass "In-the-70's" and throws him into the underbelly of Late-1970's New York. Fun, pretty, and helluva lot more awesome than GTA San Andreas or Vice City. There are the usual suspects, a Pimp, a Conspiracy Theorist, your Owns-A-Garage-and-wants-the-best-for-you Not-Fatherkinda guy, and a story twist that shoves the game almost 28 years into the future. It's a lot of fun to play, the custmization of your vehicles is always fun, and the little easter eggs makes this game well worth the 20 bucks I paid for it when I first bought it.

Ultimately? If you've still got a PS2, toss this game on there, it's a ton of fun, even if you spend you're time just drving around and dodging the Fuzz~

NEXT!
Back to top Go down
Safety_Bunny
Admin
Safety_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:56 pm

I've recently played Samba de Amigo for the Wii.

The game is a ton o' fun with an awesome song list to boot. There's only 2 problems I had with the game, Sensitivity and a couple of songs they made me cringe. Like I know they put English songs for like everyone but if you are going to have a Spanish song sung in English...just stick to the Spanish one, it sounds better. The sensitivity of the wii-motes is a little off, sometimes you get the points without doing anything and sometimes it cant read the movements you do. While you can deal with it from easy to normal, once you get to hard, its frickken almost impossible for the game to read your movements.

Overall, This is a really fun game to play with the family, my folks had a blast singing along with the spanish songs and shaking the wii-motes. A neat little thing the game added, the Mii's that live in your wii join along and dance in the background!!! Its really funny!

This is a really fun party game, i just wished they worked on the sensitivity of the motes alittle more.
Back to top Go down
http://safetybunny.wordpress.com/
Black_Bishop

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:34 am

Bishop here, I've Recently played the new FEAR 2. The game play is 20X more realistic than any of the others. You start out In the middle of a burning City. fire and shit everywhere. You slowly walk forward when you spot a very familiar little girl in a red dress. After that things go a little crazy. I'll leave the rest for you to see when you get it. From what i played, its definetly a top star game. The only thing i dont like is that you play as a different character than the first FEAR game. That and you dont start with the slow motion ability. But it does explain why the FEAR operatives can do that. The game is amazing graphic wise and for realism. Its a must buy. But get it for PC because the Xbox 360 kind of removed the scary feel you get from playing on a PC.
Back to top Go down
shadowkaisen

shadowkaisen

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:01 pm

I must be a glutton for punishment......

One of the games I have been playing recently, but I only suggest to the hardcore, (and I mean HARDCORE) is Ninja Gaiden Black for the original Xbox. The game is a re-release of the original Ninja Gaiden for the same console, the only real difference is the fact the developers at Tecmo added about 2x more content, weapons, missions, secrets, the works. Oh, did I mention they made the game both HARDER and EASIER. They decided that a lot of the cheap moves you'd use on the bosses in the first one would be blocked about 95% of the time now.....but if you really have a hard time beating the game you can tone down the difficulty to 'Ninja Dog'. (I mean it when i say it's kinda humiliating, though.)

But trust me when I say this game is BALLS HARD. I am a pretty hardcore gamer and I still find myself throwing the controller to the ground in frustration; yet I always find myself coming back for more.

So, if you think you got the guts go pick up this game for like 5 maybe 10 bucks. oh and don't forget to check out Egoraptor's video on the game. (It is 100% true, no joke.)
Back to top Go down
Session

Session

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:05 am

Here we go, another Quick-Review from me!

Currently, my favored RTS is running by the name of Universe at War!

Yes, that's right, currently this RTS for the PC, which was born, originally, for the Xbox360, has you in the control of one of three races:

the Novus, a technilogically advanced race of Super Machines complete with giant robots, lazors, Patches, and THE INTERWEB! The Novus look like the lovechild of Gundams and iPods, they're not as strong as the other races, but they make up for it in technology!

The Hierarchy, my personal favorite, favor Numbers in Strength, rather than strength in numbers. The hierarchy may not have as many units available, but they make up for it by using GIGANTIC WALKERS to crush and destroy their opponents. A force to reckon with.

The Masari, a race that heralds themselves as gods and protectors of Earth. Able to control and battle in two different modes: Light and Dark. Each with their own bonuses and weaknesses, they are a fun thing to run.

The RTS is beautiful and easy to run, a ton of fun, though it suffers from being a Port and not a Reworking of a good RTS. The AI is pretty Dumb and aggravatingly so at times, and the fact that you can't queue things up is a little let down. But aside from that, it's an awesome game with awesome things going for it!

Next!
Back to top Go down
Jackster

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:23 pm

These Games We Play... Disthe

It's okay. Some good humor (staying true to the movie), hard gameplay, and it's short. Voice acting don't really match that to the real actors from the film, and can sometimes get annoying.

Rating: 7.0
Back to top Go down
shadowkaisen

shadowkaisen

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 am

Jackster, I have actaully played that game....and it was a little hard...(namely the roller coster part.)

And I would have to agree with you on the rating there....

But i will say that stupid kid on the llama tricycle is annoying as HELL.
Back to top Go down
Jackster

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 am

shadowkaisen wrote:
Jackster, I have actaully played that game....and it was a little hard...(namely the roller coster part.)

It's even harder when you're trying to grab all of the coins during the roller coaster parts as well. Talk about frustrating!
Back to top Go down
Skyrr

Skyrr

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 am

This is my guiltiest of pleasures. I never stopped loving the unforgiving gameplay, the weird story, the fact it was made by Eric Chahi and the 1000 ways the boy can gruesomely die. But it's mostly the story and i really want to make some redesigns of this in the future.

These Games We Play... Hod
Back to top Go down
http://uhrmacht.wordpress.com/
Session

Session

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 am

Holy Crap, I totally forgot about this game....
...I want this...

With that, let's move onto another game I want (and can realistically have): Robot Alchemic Drive!

Robot Alchemic Drive had a lot going for it, really; an interesting control scheme, sorta-interesting world, and awesome graphics for a PS2 game, it's kinda sad that it's so very few people know about it...but...on the other hand, perhaps that's not such a Bad thing. This game DOES have its' fair share of crap...

Starting off, the game places you in the control of one of three rather bland and semi-uninteresting character, all drawn by the team who did the animations for Cowboy Bebop (something the game tries to sell you on), and they're not bad, but the voice acting done by americans quickly destroys any credibility these have as Believeable Characters. In fact, ALL of the voice acting SUCKS HORRIBLY; it is quite possibly some of the worst voice-acting I've ever heard, and the quality in it sucks just as bad, a lot of times their voices are either so horribly recorded that you can't understand them, or they're just so fucking annoying that it makes your thumbs ache from hitting the X button so much just to skip by. Ear-bleedingly bad, especially the SUPER-ASIAN REPORTER....you'll know what I'm talking about. It's just so horrible it really almost kills it...sorta...not really...

The missions become rather repetitive as well, placing you in the same locations breaking the same bad guys and such, but it isn't something that Break Gameplay, it's just another thing to complain about. While the levels seem varied enough to give you a different fight each time, it DOES kinda hurt it when you're tromping and stomping in the same lake, trying to save the SAME giant Space Needle and such. However, things get far more interesting from there, welcome to the Game itself:

Is FUCKING AWESOME. Honestly, if ever there was a game to make you feel more like a Power Ranger than this, I haven't heard of it. R.A.D. places your character in control of one of three Giant Robots built to rebuild/protect the earth from the Deadly Space Invaders that want to destroy humanity. The catch, you can't jump inside the giant robots, so your character is handed a Giant PS2 Controller to control the Robots, and this is where the controls become interesting. Controlling the robot is used through all the buttons on the controller, the shoulder buttons control your robots' legs, the sticked control his arms, etc etc, blah blah blah. Your job? Destroy the invaders while incurring as small an amount of collateral damage as possible. This leads me to the Other Awesome thing about this game: Destructable City Environments.

That's right, you and your enemy are dropped into the Super-Destructable land of the Rising Sun, and your job is to make sure most of everything stays standing, not easy, mind you, when your punches can send your enemy flying AND skidding across the city. So too, when the buildings can end up being gigantic skyscrapers or Stadiums that just happen to keep getting in the way. While it IS cool to throw your enemy (or your enemy's controller) into a skyscraper, to see it break apart and fall to the ground; the game punishes you at the end of the mission by deducting an amount equal to the cost of th ebuilding from your Payment. Destroy a couple of houses or a neighborhood, no biggie, couple digits from your pay isn't bad. Destroy powerplants or skyscrapers, and you start losing Very Large Amounts of Cash, not a good thing.

Something that kinda makes the psycho in me laugh is the beginning of each level, when you finally take control of your unit, there's ALWAYS a huge crowd of people running away from the danger, and directly in the path of your robot...let's just say, if you like Blood Baths, this is your time to shine.

Honestly, the game is freaking sweet, horrid voice-acting and such aside, there are very few other games that give you the same sense of Size and epic-ness as this one does. I suggest getting and beating it, if for nothing else, the multiplayer. It's too much fun to do all the stuff that you can in there: unlocking other robots to battle each other with, and the very fact you can CHASE THE OTHER PLAYER WITH YOUR ROBOT will ensure hours of laughter, even after dying for the seven-hundreth time.

My vote: GET IT. NOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These Games We Play...   These Games We Play... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

These Games We Play...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chatters Clock Plaza :: Random Chat-
Jump to: